About Summer Abroad Bursaries and Awards
The Summer Abroad bursaries and awards are for current domestic undergraduate U of T students only. There may be other scholarships and bursaries offered by government, university and private agencies. You should inquire at your academic program office, department, college, or faculty for further information.
If you have any questions about the Summer Abroad awards and bursaries, please contact the Summer Abroad Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Selection Process
- With the exception of the Anne Lawrence Scholarship and Marjorie E. Simonds Award, award decisions are made on the basis of both academic merit AND demonstrated financial need.
- Preference is given to students currently receiving OSAP or other Canadian government financial assistance
- You must submit a copy of your OSAP funding assessment with your application – you can access this from the OSAP website (you will need to log in to your account). If you are not receiving OSAP then you will need to submit a copy of your home province’s loan assessment or other financial documents that demonstrate financial need (such as a copy of your parents’ 2019 Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency). A detailed explanation of your financial circumstances can be outlined in the “additional information” section of the application.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate studies may apply for awards; however preference will be given to students who will be returning to their studies following their participation in the Summer Abroad program.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (convention refugee)
- Must be a current undergraduate domestic U of T student
- Must have completed at least 4.0 UofT undergraduate credits by December 31, 2020
- Must have a CGPA of at least 2.25. Some awards require a higher academic average.
- Must have documented financial need (i.e. receiving government assistance or able to provide other evidence of need)
- If your award application is unsuccessful and you wish to withdraw your program application, you will receive a full refund of the $200 application fee.
- If you are offered an award and you choose to withdraw your program application, you will not be refunded any portion of the $200 application fee.
Interested students must first submit an online application for a Summer Abroad program and complete and submit the award application by February 1, 2021 (date TBC) by 5:00 p.m.