COVID-19 Update & Planning
Participants are advised to follow the instructions and steps as indicated on the University of Toronto Safety Abroad Student's page.
As you prepare to return to travel, the COVID travel checklist guides you through things that are important for you to do prior to travel.
COVID Travel Checklist:
1. Stay up-to-date with the COVID-19 situation at the destination of your activity
2. Complete a COVID-19 vaccine series.
- Summer Abroad is a group travel program and as part of the experience, residence accommodations are included. Many international residences for students may require proof of vaccinations for students to be able to stay there. Therefore, Summer Abroad recommends that all participating students be up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccine series before the start of the program.
- As per the Government of Canada, all eligible travellers should complete a COVID-19 vaccine series along with any additional recommended doses in Canada, at least 14 days before travelling.
- COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19. They can also provide some protection against infection with the virus that causes COVID-19.
3. Ensure you have sufficient travel health insurance.
- The GAC Travel Advisories include Entry/Exit Requirements per country
- Refer to the International SOS's Travel Restrictions page which includes up-to-date information on flight and travel restrictions, screenings and entry requirements for each country. (You will need U of T's membership # to access the site: 27ACAS808982)
- Download the International SOS (ISOS) App, U of T's Travel Assistance Provider. You will be able to access health and security advice while abroad. This resource is available for free to all participants in the Program.
For additional updates from the university related to COVID-19, please visit the Office of Vice-Provost, Students: COVID-19 FAQ page.