Application Overview & Important Dates
2024 SUMMER ABROAD PROGRAMS
We are still accepting applications for the following Summer Abroad course:
- CAR332Y0 Puerto Rican Culture and Environment (Needs-based funding available to eligible students)
As applications may close at any time, you are encouraged to complete your application ASAP.
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for the rest of the Summer Abroad courses. The deadline was Wednesday, February 1, 2024.
A $205 application fee must be submitted. Late applications will be accepted only as time and space permit.
Students may apply for up to two Summer Abroad programs, but must submit a separate application and $205 fee for each.
Note: Woodsworth College reserves the right to cancel programs or courses for any reason, including low enrolment or health and safety concerns.
Admission to Summer Abroad programs is competitive (decisions are not made on a first-come, first-served basis and there are not necessarily spots for all applicants).
Please also refer to the eligibility requirements for Summer Abroad.
Applicants will be assessed on the strength of their overall application including:
- Academic record over the past 12 months
- Relevance of the course to the applicant's program of study
- Personal statement addressing specific questions (which will be listed in the application)
- Additional responses to questions regarding adaptability
Note that Woodsworth College may request additional documents in certain cases. Admission notification will be issued for most programs between late-February to early March.
Wondering how to apply for a U of T Summer Abroad program? In this 5 minute video, a Summer Abroad work study student reviews the application process step-by-step.
Summer Abroad "How To" Series
Watch these short videos to guide you through the Summer Abroad Application process. Videos include:
- How to Research your Summer Abroad Options
- How to Apply for Summer Abroad
- How to write your Summer Abroad personal statements