Applications for the Summer Abroad program are submitted online. A link to the application can be found at the bottom of this page.
2022 SUMMER ABROAD PROGRAMS (VIRTUAL)
- Applications for selected Virtual Summer Abroad Programs will open: Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:00 am
- The deadline to apply for Virtual Summer Abroad programs is: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 5:00 pm
2022 SUMMER ABROAD PROGRAMS (ON-SITE)
The Summer Abroad team is committed to your well-being and we are here to support you during these uncertain times. We continue to monitor the situation. Admission for on-site Summer Abroad Programs will be conditional upon the Government of Canada allowing travel outside of Canada and participation is conditional upon completion of all pre-departure requirements.
- Applications for on-site Summer Abroad Programs will open: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 9:00 am
- The deadline to apply for on-site Summer Abroad programs is: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Students may apply to up to two Summer Abroad programs but must submit a separate application and $200 application fee for each. If you are not admitted to a program you will receive a refund of the application fee.
Admission to Summer Abroad programs is competitive (decisions are not made on a first-come, first-served basis and there are not necessarily spots for all applicants). Applicants will be assessed on the strength of their overall application including:
- Academic record over the past 12 months
- Relevance of the course to the applicant's program of study
- Personal statement addressing specific questions (which will be listed in the application)
- Additional responses to questions regarding adaptability
Note that Woodsworth College may request additional documents in certain cases. Admission notification will be issued for most programs in mid March to early April.
Wondering how to apply for a U of T Summer Abroad program? In this 8 minute video, a Summer Abroad work study student reviews the application process step-by-step.